Most Common Types of Roofing Issues
Roofs are daily at the mercy of the elements. From scorching sun to pounding rains and the occasional hail storm, roofs take a beating regularly. Asphalt shingle roofs, one of the most popular types of installations, last about 20 years. Nevertheless, as with all things, roofs fall into disrepair and shingles require repair. Sometimes, a whole new roof is necessary. No matter where your roof is on that spectrum, we can help get it back to how it should be. Call Holland Homes Roofing Co. for roof repair in North Billerica, MA. Calling an experienced roofer like Holland Homes Roofing Co. is your best bet when addressing roofing issues. Even if you’re an experienced DIYer, roof repairs can be dangerous and tricky. It’s best to leave that kind of stuff to professionals. So don’t hesitate to call us at (781) 864-2525 or send us a message.
Common Roofing Issues
Most homeowners will encounter roofing issues at some point or another. Whether a small leak or a significant crack, roofs can be plagued by a number of ailments that require your roof repair in North Billerica, MA sooner rather than later. Below are some of the most common ones Holland Homes Roofing Co. sees.
- Water-related roofing issues: The most common kind of roofing issues are leaks. Leaks tend to occur in areas where shingles meet things like chimneys, vents, skylights, and gutters. They are usually pretty easy to spot, though finding their source can be tricker. Discolored ceilings, water stains, and damp walls are typical indications of a leak. Pooling water is another issue, especially on flat roofs. Over time, pooling can weaken the wood beneath the roofing material and cause rot.
- Critters and pests: Humans are not the only ones that like cozy homes. From time to time, squirrels, raccoons, mice, and rats may find their way into your home’s attic through cracks or gaps in the roof. Even something as simple as walking on your roof can cause damage.
- Snow and ice damage: Ice and snow can wreak havoc on many kinds of roofs. As ice and snowmelt, the water can seep beneath your shingles. If it happens to refreeze, the newly formed ice will literally rip the shingle or flashing off the decking as it expands. Avoid any unpleasant surprises this winter by having our residential roofers come out in the fall and spring for a routine inspection.
- Tree damage: It’s usually best to not have large trees close to one’s home. It’s an even better idea to keep limbs from branching out over your home’s roof. When coupled with strong winds, weak and even healthy branches can snap, landing on or through your roof.
- Clogged gutters: If gutters are clogged with leaves, twigs, and debris, water is unable to flow freely. The water then backs up and seeps into the eaves. This can lead to rot. Prevent this by regularly cleaning gutters. Installing screens on gutters might be a good idea, especially if you tend to have issues with clogging.
The Team for All Your Roofing Needs
These are some of the most common kinds of roofing issues, but regular wear and tear can take a toll on your roof as well. After all, your roof never catches a break. UV rays, rain, freezing temperatures, strong winds, and more can compromise your roof. And when it comes to a defective roof, acting fast is best. What may be a minor repair can quickly turn costly if you don’t address it sooner rather than later. Whether you are facing a roofing emergency, need a simple patch job, or are just interested in routine maintenance, having a trusted roofer on your side can make all the difference.
Our professional roofing contractors have decades of experience serving Billerica, MA, and the surrounding areas. We are licensed and insured and offer clients a written warranty upon the completion of your project. That’s the Holland Homes Roofing Co. difference. We also offer extended warranties on Owens Corning shingles. As an Owens Corning preferred contractor, our roofing professionals are part of an exclusive network of residential roofers. We seek to meet high standards and follow stringent requirements for reliability and professionalism while priding ourselves on exceptional customer service.
When you hire us for roof repair in North Billerica, MA, you are investing in high-quality roofing services and making a long-term investment in your home’s structural integrity. Whether you’re in the middle of a mild Massachusetts summer or in the midst of an icy hailstorm, having a solid and secure roof over your head is essential. Holland Homes Roofing Co.’s roofing experts can help keep your roof in optimal condition all year long. We offer a wide array of services ranging from small roof repairs to complete residential roof replacement. And we’ll work with you to find a solution that fits your budget and home. Give us a call at (781) 864-2525. You’ll be glad you did.